Flowers

Flowers
Encaustic Wax Abstract

Florida Everglages

Florida Everglages
Encaustic Wax

Florida Everglades Grasses

Florida Everglades Grasses
Encaustic Wax

Monday, May 18, 2009

New Images

I have posted new images of my encaustic art. All are done on wood boards. I am exploring the use of heat as a tool for painting other than just for fusing. I use the butane, propane torch and/or hot air gun to push the limits of the wax. It has brought about some great results. I am very pleased and enthusiastic about this process.

2 comments:

  1. Love your paintings! Especially the Florida Everglages. I must admit I am fascinated with encaustics and the different effects you can create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The effects created and the process in which to create are a continuously inspiring. I am constantly challenged by this medium and push it to its limits.

    ReplyDelete

I dreamt of Cezanne

I dreamt of Cezanne
Encaustic Wax

Orchid

Orchid
Wax, Acrylic, Charcoal